Director of Community Development
Urban Snow is going to change the ski industry. We believe our customers shouldn't have to choose between living in the city and skiing/riding. They want to do both, and we make it possible. We're bringing skiing and riding to the city.
We're looking for a talented, passionate and motivated Director of Community Development to build our skiing and riding community. This individual will be responsible for generating excitement, helping to define the community identity and creating demand for Urban Snow ahead of the construction of our first facility in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Director of Community Development identifies and connects with influencers in relevant networks in order to build relationships and develop advocates for our vision. The individual is tasked with growing and managing our community using social media and other platforms. He or she organizes and manages events for future customers as well as establishes a network of individuals in complementary organizations that can help us reach our objectives. The individual will collaborate with the founders to further define the goals for the community and align community-related activities to Urban Snow's fundraising and industry partner development.
- Organize, promote and execute events
- Map and leverage social influence networks
- Grow and manage a community of hundreds of skiers and snowboarders
- Collaborate with CMO to increase social media, web presence and reach
- Identify and work with founders to secure corporate partnerships
- Identify and work with founders to secure non-profit partnerships
- Advocate and grow the Urban Snow brand
- Successful track record of growing sustainable communities
- Experience planning, promoting and executing events
- Experience mapping and leveraging social networks
- Effective and persuasive influencer.
- Self-starter, attention to detail and relentless follow-through
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Competent with standard office productivity tools (e.g. Word, Excel, etc)
- Effective online collaborator
- Passionate skier and/or snowboarder
The candidate must be willing to travel throughout the San Francisco Bay Area for various events associated with the position.
We plan to transform an industry and we want you to help us do it. The Director of Community Development will play a critical role in making that happen and will become an increasingly strategic position as we grow. Ideally, we are looking for someone to join us first in a part-time capacity/side hustle with an equity stake in the company, with the intention of growing into a full-time career. If you have the experience and passion for building communities and want to do something big, we would love to hear from you.